Monday, September 6, 2010

Zach's Lie


I choose this title as the second book in my 40 book challenge because I noticed that it is by Roland Smith. I read Peak by Roland Smith last year because it was on the Battle of the Books list. It was such a great read and I was thrilled to see that Smith has written other books!

Zach's Lie is a story about a middle school student, Jack Osborne who is forced to become Zach Granger after his father found himself in the middle of an illegal drug operation that forced his family to enter the witness protection program. Readers follow Jack (a.k.a Zach) as he struggles to re-invent himself while holding tightly to how things have always been. Full of suspense, I recommend this book to boys and girls who enjoy realistic fiction or books with a bit of danger.

I just found out that there is a sequel to Zach's Lie called Jack's Run. I can't wait to read it and find out how this story continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment